"All the nations you have made will come and worship before you" Psalm 86:9
April 01 Monday
Mr. Mani Varughese, 6 Deppe Place
April 02 Tuesday
Mr. George V. John, 25 Gladwin Avenue
April 03 Wednesday
Mr. Skaria Mathai, 188 Walcott Avenue
April 04 Thursday
Mr. Mathai P. Mathew, 41 Brielle Avenue
April 05 Friday
Mr. Mathew George, 469 Woolley Avenue
April 06 Saturday
Mr. Philip Jacob, 48 Fillmore Avenue
April 08 Monday
Mr. Thomas Mathai, 240 Suffolk Avenue
April 09 Tuesday
Mr. Varughese T. Abraham, 171 Willard Avenue
April 10 Wednesday
Mr. Koshy P. Koshy, 436 Adams Avenue
April 11 Thursday
Mr. Philip K. John, 203 Wellbrook Avenue
April 12 Friday–9:30 a.m.
40th Friday Holy Communion
Mrs. Chinnamma Job, Varuvila Tharayil Veedu, Marthimoodu, elder sister of our member Mrs. Ponnamma Kunjachan, 229 Kell Avenue and Aunt of our member Ancy Mathai, 240 Suffolk Avenue, was called to eternal rest on Wednesday, February 20, 2019, in New Jersey at the age of 67.
The wake and funeral services were held at St. Stephen’s Malankara Orthodox Church, Midland Park, NJ and St. Mary’s Malankara Orthodox Church, Mangadu, Kerala, on February 22-23 and March 1st respectively. As a Parish we express our sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathies to the bereaving families. Please keep them in your prayers.
As Achen bid farewell from services at our Church this month we have a lot of things to be proud of and to rejoice. We accomplished successfully few projects namely the purchase of the parsonage, publishing a photo directory and hosting the National Sevika Sanghom Conference, the one which looked very difficult for us with our limited facilities.
Achen is a very good Parish Priest, and he is a close companion, a friend in need, a guidance counselor and a prayer warrior. Achen has a God gifted talent to conduct a melodious communion service and execute the sermons with stories and songs which lingers to every one’s mind. He has shown his excellence in conducting the various committees and general body meetings. We thank Marina Kochamma for all the leadership she has given to our young women and her valuable services as a Sunday School Teacher.
Our Youth Chaplain Rev. Shibi Abraham is also leaving us. Achen is being transferred to South Florida Parish. Achen’s ministry among our youth was a fruitful one. Achen’s illustrated sermons and slides attracted everyone. We wish Achen, Sheeba Kochamma, David and Daniel all the very best in His ministry.
As per the decision of the synod and guidelines of the Church our Achens have transfer every three years and it is unavoidable. Even though we will miss Reni Achen, Marina kochamma, Irene and Ijene we wish you all God’s mercy and blessings in your ministry and pray that God be with you wherever you go. We wish you a bon voyage back home, kindly remember us in your prayers.
Mr. Dollin Mathew and Family, 159 Gower Street, Staten Island, NY 10314 has joined our Parish and they are members of the Bradley Prayer Group.
Mr. Dinesh Mathewand Family, 52 Dorothy Street, Staten Island, NY 10314 has joined our Parish and they are members of the Willowbrook Prayer Group.
MTCSI 2019 EVENTS AT A GLANCE
1. March 23–Saturday Retreat for Executive Committee and Organizational Office Bearers
2. March 24–Sunday Farewell to our Youth Chaplain, Rev. Shibi Abraham
3. March 27–Wednesday Mid–Lent
4. April 12–Friday: 9:30 a.m. 40th Friday Holy Communion
5. April 14: 10:00 a.m. Palm Sunday
6. April 15, 16, 17: 7:30 p.m. Evening Worship
7. April 18–Thursday: 7:00 p.m. Maundy Thursday
8. April 19–Friday: 9:00 a.m. Good Friday: (1st Part in English; 2nd and 3rd parts in Malayalam)
9. April 21–Sunday: 8:30 a.m. Easter Holy Communion Service and Reni Achen’s Farewell Meeting
10. April 24–Wednesday Goodbye to Reni Achen (Travel back to Kerala via Dubai: 10:55 p.m.)
11. May 12–Sunday Mother’s Day
12. May 16 & 17 Clergy Conference/Carmel Mar Thoma Center, Atlanta
13. May 17 & 18 Diocesan Assembly/Carmel Mar Thoma Center, Atlanta
14. May 19–Sunday: 9:30 a.m. Holy Communion (Diocesan Sunday School Examination: 12:00 p.m.)
15. June 16–Sunday Father’s Day
16. June 23–Sunday Parish Day and Episcopal Visit and First Communion
17. June 27–30 VBS/Sunday School Anniversary
18. July 11–14 Junior/Senior Sunday School Conference
19. July 20–Saturday Church Picnic
20. July 25–28 Youth Fellowship Conference/Dallas Farmers Branch MTC
21. August 1–4 Edavaka Mission Conference/St. Mathews MTC, Toronto
22. August 17 Youth Fellowship Basketball Tournament
23. August 18–Sunday Dedication for College Students
24. September 1–Sunday Dedication for School Students
25. September 21–Saturday Family Night
26. Sept. 25–28 Senior Fellowship Conference/Ascension MTC, Philadelphia
27. Oct. 4–6 Yuvajana Sakhyam Conference/Christos MTC, Philadelphia
28. Oct. 10–13 Sevika Sanghom Conference/Trinity MTC, Houston
29. October 18, 19, 20 Church Convention
30. November 3–Sunday Church General Election–2020
31. December 1–Sunday Thanksgiving Sunday Lunch
32. December 21–Saturday Christmas Carol
33. December 25 Christmas [Wednesday]